Advanced Traffic Control
Econolite offers a superior range of state-of-the-art detectors and monitors for any traffic management cabinet configuration. UPS/BBS solutions ensure safe signal operations in the event power loss. Our BIUs and Power Supplies meet and/or exceed the NEMA Standards. Econolite offers a full line of cabinet components and custom wraps to suit your custom cabinet needs.
What are our additional components?
At A Glance
Econolite’s line of standards-based cabinet components and accessories represent the key elements that make up the technological foundation for our traffic management cabinets. They keep the cabinet functioning and communicating every minute of every day, year after year. Cabinet components are essential in keeping intersections safe and efficient.
BBS (Zinc Blue, Cabinets)
- Meets Caltrans traffic controller cabinet requirements
- Single front door
- Mounted to the side of the cabinet or independently base-mounted
- Three-point locking system
- Suited for batteries, inverter, and accessories
- 125-inch thick aluminum
- Graffiti resistant laminates for Econolite Traffic Controller Cabinets
- Reduction in maintenance costs
- Simple to swap out wrap for change of scenery
- Create infographics, wayfindigng signage, and custom imagery and faux textures
- Available on all NEMA, Safetran, and ITS cabinet enclosure models
- Industrial 56K Dial-Up Modem provides fully-integrated data communications over Wide-Area Networks (WANS).
- The RocketLinx Line of Fast Ethernet industrial switches feature high-speed switch fabric with Store and Forward technologies housed in a slim industrial enclosure to save rail or panel space in compact system designs.
- Up to nine full Gigabit Ethernet ports together with the flexibility of up to five DDM capable SFP fiber communication ports in a wide-temperature rated switch ideal for traffic and industrial-grade networks.
- Managed Ethernet switches equipped with up to seven 10/100TX ports and three 10/100/1000 RJ45/100- FX/Gigabit SX/LX/LHX/ZX/SFP combo ports.
- Managed Ethernet Switches, equipped with up to seven 10/100BASE-TX ports and three RJ45/ SFP combo (10/100BASE-TX, 100BASE-FX) ports.
- Layer 2 managed Ethernet switches equipped with up to 24 10/100BASE-TX ports and four Gigabit Ethernet RJ45/SFP combo ports
- Easy Insallation
- Key Control
- No wiring required
- Retrofit capability for almost any opening
- Visual data analytics
- Easy maintenance
- Econolite’s family of MMUs meet or exceed all specifications, including NEMA, 170/179, and MMU2 where applicable.
- MMUs monitor up to 16 traffic signal channels for virtually any traffic cabinet and controller application, and intersection type.
- Econolite’s PS Series of power supply units meets all requirements and NEMA standards.
- PS Series supplies regulated DC power, and unregulated AC power, and a line frequency reference for the detector rack, BIUs, load switches, and other auxiliary equipment.
- Econolite’s Bus Interface Unit (BIU) interfaces 24V logic I/O signals to the Synchronous Data Link Control (SDLC) serial bus.
- Econolite’s Safetran family of rackmount MMUs meet or exceed all specifications, including NEMA, 170/179, and MMU2 where applicable.
- Safetran MMUs monitor up to 16 traffic signal channels for virtually any traffic cabinet and controller application, and intersection type.
- Safetran MMU SmartMonitor meets all specifications of the NEMA Standard TS2-2003(R2008) for the MMU2.
- Econolite’s rackmount Bus Interface Unit (BIU) interfaces 24V logic I/O signals to the Synchronous Data Link Control (SDLC) serial bus.