Traffic Signal Controllers
Industry Leading Traffic Signal Controller Software
Advanced Traffic Control
EOS provides a user interface that has been designed to maximize usability of traditional displays, as well as incorporating a new web user interface. EOS has improved real-time decision-making, allowing dynamic changes to nearly all features and timing ‘on-the-fly.’ It also provides operational benefits of adaptive control without the need for a separate adaptive system.
What is EOS?
At A Glance
EOS is Econolite’s new breakthrough in ATC traffic signal controller software. Designed to power Econolite Cobalt (and other properly configured ATC controllers), EOS provides improved core traffic signal controller operation, enhanced features, and improved usability, helping prepare transportation agencies, cities, MPOs, and others for support of Connected and Automated Vehicles (CAV) and Smart City applications.
- Features a brand new coordinator design, enabling immediate coordination decisions rather than awaiting a cycle endpoint.
- Includes adaptive split balancing using the Purdue GOR/ROR5 metric for phase failure.
- Supports localized adaptive splits.
- Adaptive splits perform a split re-allocation, balancing splits per the newly published GOR/ROR5 metric.
- Operational benefits of adaptive control, without the need for a separate adaptive control system.
- SCP support
- Coordination Dial
The Econolite Advantage
EOS’ improved traffic control capabilities combined with its ease-of-use helps ensure that transportation agencies can provide the safest and most efficient intersections for its driving public. It is also designed with the future in mind, supporting the demands of Smart City and connected vehicle applications for the next level in intersection safety
EOS improvements to the core traffic signal controller operation, enhanced features, and improved usability, helps prepare transportation agencies, cities, MPOs, and others for support of Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAV) and Smart City applications. EOS currently supports SPaT, MAP, and BSM messages per the latest SAE J2735 standards.