California Consumer Privacy Notice
I. NOTICE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information about you:
- “Identifiers,” such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers.
- “Customer Records Information,” such as a name, signature, Social Security number, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
- “Protected Classifications,” which are protected classification characteristics under California or Federal Law, such an age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information), and requests for parental, pregnancy, disability or sick leave.
- “Commercial Information,” such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- “Biometric Information,” such as genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
- “Internet Activity” and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements.
- “Geolocation Data,” such as device location and tracking building entry.
- “Sensory Data,” such as audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, such as voicemail greetings and messages.
- “Professional or Employment-Related Information,” such as job related data, maintained as part of the employment relationship that could be contained in a job application or resume; an employment contract; a contractor agreement; a performance review; a disciplinary record; photos; information from employee expenses; browsing and search history; payroll and benefits related data; internal and external contact information; or information captured from video, audio, systems, or other forms of monitoring or surveillance.
- “Non-public Education Information” (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)), such as education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades or transcripts.
- “Inferences” drawn from other Personal Information, such as a profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
Please note that Personal Information as defined in the CCPA does not include publicly available information from government records, deidentified or aggregated consumer information, or Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, such as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), or Healthy Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
II. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Econolite may collect these categories of Personal Information from certain consumers for certain business purposes specified in the CCPA, as described in this table:
|Categories of Consumers||Categories of Personal Information|
|Visitors to Websites||Identifiers; Internet Activity; and Geolocation Data|
|Customers and in-person visitors (other than job applicants)||Identifiers; Customer Records Information; Commercial Information; Biometric Information; Internet Activity; Geolocation Data; Sensory Data; and Inferences|
|Products, services, software, and apps on which we post a direct link to Econolite website(s)||Identifiers; Customer Records Information; Commercial Information; Internet Activity; Geolocation Data; Sensory Data; Professional or Employment-Related Information; and Inferences|
|Job applicants||Identifiers; Customer Records Information; Commercial Information; Biometric Information; Internet Activity; Geolocation Data; Sensory Data; Professional or Employment-Related Information; Non-public Education Information; and Inferences|
We may use these categories of Personal Information for certain business purposes as described in this table:
|Purposes||Categories of Personal Information|
|To provide access to our website, including collecting necessary cookies and trackers that are the minimum amount of Personal Information needed to fulfill the purpose of your interaction with us.||Identifiers; Internet Activity; and Geolocation Data|
|To maintain your contact information.||Identifiers; Customer Records Information; Commercial Information; Geolocation Data; Sensory Information; and Inferences|
|To protect health and safety in the workplace, including conducting surveys and health screenings involving collection of personal health and biometric information about you and your household, to permit contact tracing and reduce the risk of spreading viruses or other diseases during a pandemic or public health emergency.||Identifiers; Customer Records Information; Biometric Information; Geolocation Data; Sensory Data; and Inferences|
|To comply with local, state, and federal law, regulations, ordinances, guidelines, and orders relating to COVID-19.||Identifiers; Customer Records Information; Biometric Information; Geolocation Data; Sensory Data; and Inferences|
|To monitor work-related licenses and credentials, including provisioning software licenses, ensuring compliance, training, examination, and other requirements are met with applicable regulatory bodies.||Identifiers; Customer Records Information; Commercial Information; Internet Activity; Geolocation Data; Sensory Information; and Professional or Employment-Related Information|
|To maintain security on Econolite systems and infrastructure, which includes hosting; management of our software and hardware computer assets; systems testing, such as development of new systems and end-user testing of computer systems; training; and monitoring email and internet access.||Identifiers; Protected Classifications; Commercial Information; Internet Activity; Geolocation Data; and Inferences|
|To recruit new employees, and prior to employment, to conduct employment related background screening and checks necessary to proceed with considering applicants for employment.||Identifiers; Protected Classifications; Commercial Information; Internet Activity; Geolocation Data; Professional or Employment-Related Information; Non-public Education Information; and Inferences|
|To comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements, such as legal (state and federal) and internal company reporting obligations, including headcount, management information, demographic, and other required reporting.||Identifiers; Protected Classifications; Customer Records Information; Commercial Information; Internet Activity; Biometric Information; Geolocation Data; Professional or Employment-Related Information; Sensory Data; and Inferences|
III. NOTIFICATION OF OUR PRIOR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AS REQUIRED BY THE CCPA
We may have collected and used your Personal Information, as described in the previous section, during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Policy. For the Personal Information collected during that timeframe, we describe below: (A) the categories of sources from which we may have obtained the Personal Information, (B) the categories of third parties with whom we may have shared the information, and (C) the categories of Personal Information we may have disclosed for a business purpose.
A. Sources of Personal Information
|Categories of Sources of Data Collection||Categories of Personal Information|
|Directly from you, such as when you contact us or information you provide us||Identifiers; Customer Records Information; Protected Classifications; Commercial Information; Biometric Information; Internet Activity; Geolocation Data; Sensory Data; Professional or Employment-Related Information; Non-public Education Information; and Inferences|
|Indirectly from you, such as your activity while browsing an Econolite website, your activity when you visit our offices, or your activity while using our software/apps||Identifiers; Protected Classifications; Commercial Information; Internet Activity; Geolocation Data; and Inferences|
|From your devices, such as when you visit our websites or use our software/apps||Identifiers; Internet Activity; and Geolocation Data|
|Our affiliates and subsidiaries||Identifiers; Protected Classifications; Commercial Information; Biometric Information; Internet Activity; Geolocation Data; and Inferences|
|Vendors who provide services on our behalf||Identifiers; Protected Classifications; Commercial Information; Biometric Information; Internet Activity; Geolocation Data; and Inferences|
|Government entities||Identifiers; Protected Classifications; Commercial Information; Biometric Information; Internet Activity; Geolocation Data; and Inferences|
B. Sharing of Personal Information
|Categories of Sources of Data Collection||Categories of Personal Information|
|Our affiliates and subsidiaries||Identifiers; Protected Classifications; Commercial Information; Internet Activity; Geolocation Data; and Inferences|
|Third parties to whom you or your representatives authorize us to disclose Personal Information in connection with products or services we or they provide to you|
|Professional services organizations, such as auditors and law firms|
|Our business partners|
|Internet service providers|
|Operating systems and platforms|
C. Disclosure of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Econolite has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- Protected Classifications
- Commercial Information
- Biometric Information
- Internet Activity
- Professional or employment-related information
- Geolocation Data
IV. HOW ECONOLITE SELLS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Econolite has not sold any Personal Information, and we have no future intention of selling such information.
V. CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have certain choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information, as described below:
- Access: You may have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the Personal Information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain Personal Information we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out of Sale: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information.
- How to Submit a Request: To submit an access or deletion request, email [email@example.com]
- Verifying Requests: To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your Personal Information or complying with your request If you request access to or deletion of your Personal Information, we may require you to provide additional information so that we can verify your request based on the information we maintain.
- Additional Information: If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request. This Statement is available in alternative formats upon request. Please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org] or to request this Statement in an alternative format.
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes, we will update online, with an updated effective date.
VII. CONTACT US
Attn: Legal Department
Econolite Group, Inc.
1250 N. Tustin Ave. Anaheim, CA 92807
Or email us at: email@example.com
Effective Date: October 11, 2021
Econolite is an innovator of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) solutions, products, and services. Econolite is committed to employing advanced technologies that reduce travel time, ease congestion, enhance transit operations, provide safer mobility, and improve quality of life. The company’s mission and brand promise reflect its unwavering commitment to providing transportation agencies with solutions that increase roadway efficiencies.
As the one-stop-shop leader for traffic management systems, sensor products, and services, our broad offerings also include planning and design of turnkey, multi-modal transportation systems, software engineering, traffic network implementation, integration, operations, and maintenance. Econolite is committed to the advancement of connected and autonomous vehicles, smart cities, and cybersecurity.
Types of Data and Collection Methods
We may collect a variety of personal information through the means described below, which fall within the following categories: Identifiers; demographic information; commercial information; biometric information; internet activity; geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual, or similar information; professional or employment-related information; education information; and, inferences drawn from these categories.
Visitors to our website, as well as our facilities and events, have choices about the personal information they provide to us. When you are asked to provide information to us, you may choose the information to submit. In some instances, if requested information is not provided, we may be unable to respond to your inquiry, fulfill your request, or complete the commercial transaction.
- Registration and Transaction Information: If you request or submit information to us by sending an email via the “mail to:” function, filling out a “contact” form, or by contacting us in person or by phone, we may collect the following types of personal information: Name; email address; mailing address; telephone number; name of employer; job title; education information; characteristics protected by law; purchase history; products you have expressed an interest in; biometric information; voice recordings; photographs; security camera footage; and, any other information related to you and your business you provide to us. We also collect personal information when you register for product updates, notices and warranties; participate in public forums or other activities on our sites and applications; place orders for a product or service; and, sign up for product training. In connection with chargeable services, we also collect payment information (e.g., credit card number, banking information, and related verification data); billing and shipping addresses; and other necessary information to complete and process the commercial transaction as part of our regular business operations.
- Usage Data: When someone visits our websites, including microsites and landing pages, general data is collected from your computer or mobile device such as your browser type, operating system, IP address and the domain name from which you accessed the site. In addition, we collect data using analytics tools about how our websites are used, including date and time of a visit to our site, the areas or pages of the site visited, the amount of time spent viewing the site, the number of times you return to the site, and other click-stream data.
- Cookies: We use a minimal number of web-standard cookies or similar technologies to collect data about your use of our websites or web apps. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on the hard drive of your computer or device when you access the site. We use these cookies to help operate our sites and services, including to: Implement site/form recall so visitors do not have to enter the same information when returning to our sites; develop aggregate statistics to help monitor site performance; conduct research; improve our content and services; and, help protect the security of our sites and services. By using our site, you consent to the placement of these standard cookies. Cookies may be deleted; however, by doing so, some features on the site may no longer be available. Go to the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Use of Your Information
Consistent with applicable law and choices and controls that may be available to you, we may use personal information collected from you, or devices associated with you, to: Provide you with the products, services, training, and other experiences you request or purchase from us; communicate with you about your business transactions with us and send you information related to those transactions; administer and troubleshoot the Services; notify you of product recalls or safety issues; operate and improve our sites, applications, products and services, including by using surveys and analytics tools; promote safety and security at our facilities; prevent, investigate, identify, stop, or take other action with regard to suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity; comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal process, as well as industry standards and company policies; and, in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer, or other reorganization of all or parts of our business. Finally, we may also share your personal information where you have granted Econolite permission to do so.
- Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information: Econolite may disclose personal information when legally compelled to do so and for the protection of our legal rights. This includes sharing data as required by law without limitation, in connection with requests from law enforcement officials, and in connection with court proceedings.
- Opt-In/Out: In some circumstances, such as email marketing, we offer you the ability to opt-in or opt-out of specific data collection, use, or sharing. You also may ask us at any time to change your preferences regarding how we use or disclose your information or let us know that you do not wish to receive any further communication from us.
- Access: If you would like to access your personal information that we maintain, or the personal information you have submitted is no longer accurate, current, or complete, and you wish to update it, please contact Econolite’s Marketing Department (contact information at the bottom of this page) If you need to correct your personal information, we reserve the right to use data obtained previously to verify your identity. Subject to any exceptions prescribed by law, and provided we can authenticate your identity, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information and will be entitled to amend it as appropriate
- Do Not Track: We do not respond to “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals sent by web browsers. A uniform standard has not yet been adopted to determine how DNT signals should be interpreted and what actions should be taken by websites and third parties that receive such signals. However, you may use a variety of other means of controlling data collection and use, including cookie controls in your browser settings and the personalized advertising controls described in the Cookies section above.
- Security: Transmissions over the Internet are never 100 percent secure or error-free. However, we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who need to know. It is your responsibility to safeguard your passwords and User IDs, and to notify us using one of the contact methods listed in this Privacy Statement if you ever suspect that your password or User ID for one of our Services has been compromised. You are solely responsible for any unauthorized use of our Services conducted via your password and User ID.
- Sharing: Information collected by Econolite is stored on Econolite servers or servers hosted by third parties in the U.S. Third parties, however, do not have access for any purpose other than cloud storage and retrieval. From time to time, Econolite may share personal information with third parties who facilitate the delivery of our products and services, such as distributors and channel partners. Wherever your personal information is transferred, stored or processed by us, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of your personal information. We do not sell any of your personal information we collect to third parties.
California Residents’ Rights
EU Privacy Rights
If you are visiting us from the EU, we are committed to fulfilling our responsibilities under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation in relation to the collection, retention, use, and other processing of EU personal data. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concerns and Contact
If you have any questions or concerns about the way we collect personal information through our Services or this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com. All reported concerns are reviewed and written responses are provided.
Last Updated October 11, 2021