Bay Area Infrastructure Finance Authority (BAIFA)
Econolite Systems. Inc. (ESI) provides Express Lanes Network Highway Maintenance Services on the Bay Area Express Lanes. The scope of services includes assisting BAIFA with comprehensive management and maintenance services, including some construction services, of express lanes highway infrastructure on the Bay Area Express Lanes Network on a scheduled and as-needed basis. The work initially focused on the I-680 South Express Lanes segment but adds additional express lanes segments as they come online. ESI performs asset management on all non-toll integrator equipment for the express lanes. Data is collected in ESI’s field data collection system (TeamEpro). All assets are tracked, and reports are provided to detail the cost spent per unit and asset changes and upgrades. Items captured include:
- Location Information: Detailed GPS location of each device including serial number, manufacturer, install date, warranty, and status
- Supplier Information: Information about each supplier including contact information including company name, name of contact person, company address, telephone number(s), fax number, and email address
- Equipment Inventory: Information on all parts and components within the system
- Parts and Component Usage: Disbursement of parts and components to technicians for use in making repairs. Stock is identified by location, such as warehouse, service van, repair shop, or any other location where equipment is stored. The location also extends to the lane (shoulder, roadside) where the equipment is installed. Each item has a status, such as “available”, “damaged”, “on-hold” or others as needed by the operation. All parts and components are tracked by serial numbers
- Consumable Inventory: Information on consumables ordered in bulk and do not have an individual serial number.